Friday, November 4, 2011

Is Fucked Up Over? The Waiting Game Begins

    
This is from Damian's Twitter account:

Hey everyone: I'M NOT QUITTING FUCKED UP.
web • 11/7/11 2:21 PM


   So according to an interview Melody Lau did with Damian Abraham of Fucked Up on Spinner  the band is taking a long break after  they finish up the gigs that round out this year (They do have a "Bruise Cruise Festival" in the Bahamas in Feb though) …Damian is quoted in the article saying 

  "I can't tour anymore," Abraham says. "I don't want to take that away from them, so I would love to find a way to basically make it into a constantly evolving thing where sometimes F---ed Up can go on tour and other times, it's another band involved with us."

He goes on to say

"I have no idea how it's all going to work out," Abraham says. "I know we're going to take this long break and hopefully we can think about it and figure it out a little more.

Damian speaks about the effect of touring on himself

   "I can be weirdly lonely even though you're surrounded by these five other people," Abraham adds. "But we've been together now 10 years and there's not a lot left to talk about.
"It messes with your head after a while, and I think that's why we need this break. Me especially though, I'm the one losing it the most by far."

      After reading the Spinner article, what I take away from it is Damian is a guy who loves his son and wife more than anything, and if you know anything of the bands touring schedule they just don't play a few shows across the province or a some shows in the U.S., in the last year they have been all over the world and personally speaking I don't know how he does it, I can barely be away from my son for a few days but not seeing him for weeks at a time, that must be torture. 

    But this is also a guy who understands that him picking up and leaving does not only affect him but the other  five members of the band, it all comes back to Damian being one of the nicest guys in music today (Sorry D, you must be sick of reading that by now). 

   So the speculation begins now…is this the end of Fucked Up? Well in numerous interviews over the years Damian has said how far can a band with the name Fucked Up really go? I guess we will soon find out.

Joe Cornelisse-SSGS


***Below is a video for "Running On Nothing" from the record David Comes To Life..it was put together by Sandy Miranda***






Fucked Up "Running on Nothing" from Sandy Miranda on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment