Wednesday, July 6, 2011

THE 2011 MARIPOSA FOLK FESTIVAL APP IS HERE! GET IT NOW!!!

      Just in time for this weekend’s Mariposa Folk Festival the announcement came late into the night that Mariposa now has its own App!!, yes you read that right the Mariposa Folk Festival has its own App for your smart phone. Courtesy of  Top Quark Productions you can now navigate the festival all weekend long from your smart phone, I for one always kind of hated looking for that long gone program that either got shoved in someone’s bag or used as a napkin after a trip to the food vendors. This is a step in the right direction, congrats on a really great idea. 


     Now let’s get down to the Nitty Gritty (The Instructions)...To access you either have to use Google Chrome or Safari…so on my iPhone 4 I opened my Safari browser and typed in this address: http://www.mariposafolk.com/app , then the main page of the App appeared, I then selected to have it stored on my home screen and that’s it.


    I’m checking it out right now and Trevor of Top Quark did a really great job, it will come in handy as I Tweet LIVE from the festival all weekend....and the best part...IT'S FREE!!


This year’s Mariposa Folk Festival takes place July 8-10, Orillia, Ontario. This year’s line-up includes Emmylou Harris, Josh Ritter and the Royal City Band, Peter Yarrow, Lunch at Allen’s, John McDermott, Ron Hynes, Garnet Rogers, Adonis Puentes and many more on eleven stages throughout the beautiful Tudhope Park on the shores of Lake Couchiching.


There will be Audience camping available at nearby Burl’s Creek Family Event Park
http://www.mariposafolk.com/

All ticket categories are now on sale at www.mariposafolk.com
Kids 12 and under are admitted free. There is discounted pricing for youth and young adults.

Joe Cornelisse-SSGS

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe,

    Thanks for the post about the Mariposa App. I enjoyed reading your tweets too.

    Wish I could have made the festival but I was actually playing at Festival Boreal in Sudbury. Heard and read great stuff about Mariposa. What a weekend for weather too!

    Cheers
    Trevor
    Top Quark

    ReplyDelete