Monday, January 2, 2012

2012….Here We Go!!!
Love is for the Living


   With a new year comes new ideas, and as far as SSGS is concerned I'm going to "try" step up the pace and energy as far as my posts go…more reviews and also more new bands, you know the bands that your brothers best friends sister's cousin sings in, they've got a one song demo posted on SoundCloud…sometimes that's where you find the real gold amongst the glitter. 

  Lately I've had people sending me links to either their Blog's or SoundCloud pages for their bands or just their own solo stuff for me to listen to, I am really digging all of it so please keep sending me the stuff. 

    So let's begin…I got a message through Facebook back in November from Michael Attwood (sorry Michael I've been busy), Michael and his "lady" Karina Azlanova are from Germany and have a band called Love is for the Living. Michael describes their sound as folk/prog/doom and after giving them a few spins that description does seem to fit them…I usually don't like to put bands in boxes with labels but I'd probably add Post Rock to that description. Love is for the Living's sound is very raw and very new, Karina's got this PJ Harvey action going on too, the two of them have something here, and if they keep this up or branch out to other projects I can see them going somewhere…so give them a shot.

Here are a couple of songs from Love is for the Living:











Joe Cornelisse-SSGS

No comments:

Post a Comment