Saturday, August 11, 2012

Beastie Boys to sue Monster Energy Drink


    The remaining Beastie Boys Mike Diamond, Adam Horovitz and the late Adam Yauch's widow, Denchen, filed suit this past Wednesday against Monster Energy Drink for copyright infringement. The suit alleges that Monster Energy Drink used a number of Beastie Boys songs without their permission in a promotional video on their website. The will of the late Adam Yauch which was filed this week in Manhattan Surrogate court reads: "Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in no event may my image or name or any music or any artistic property created by me be used for advertising purposes". 

    The late Great MCA once rapped that he wouldn’t “sell my songs for no TV ad.”  so I think it's kind of fitting that even after he has left us he is still fighting for what he believes in.



Joe Cornelisse-SMM

Don't forget to visit my Sonic More Music Facebook Page and "Like" It! HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment