Monday, April 23, 2012

Is This the Worst Cover song of All-time?


     

      I've have had the displeasure of being witness to quite a lot of very bad cover versions over the years, I thought Madonna's "American Pie" fiasco took the top spot, but today I came across a cover version so bad that you won't sleep for days. 


    The song is "Rise" and was originally recorded by PiL and it was on their brilliant "Generic" Album, but today my ears were obliterated by the 90's band Tripping Daisy doing their version of "Rise" for the soundtrack of the otherwise quite good film/soundtrack " Basquiat"……why did someone think this was a good idea, I'll let you decide for yourself, first is the original, then is the cover version. I warn you, you will suffer night terrors after this.

Joe Cornelisse-SSGS




PiL-Rise





Tripping Daisy-Rise


No comments:

Post a Comment