Sunday, June 12, 2011

SSGS MUSIC NEWS- Week of June the 5th to June the 12th, 2011


    Sloan has been added as a headliner to Guelph, ON's Hillside Festival, this year’s festival runs from July 22 to 24.

      With the release this week of “David Comes To Life”  Fucked Up’s punk rock “Opera” the band decided to celebrate it with a Pop-Up Record Store release party, the first hand info I got from the guys (and girl) in the band is that the midnight opening was crazy until all the free beer was gone than it fizzled out leaving band members and die-hard fans.

   Jack White and wife Karen Elson announced this week that they are throwing a 6th Anniversary/Impending Divorce party…it takes all kinds I guess

    I knew there was a reason I love small indie labels…free music. Paper Bag Records released a FREE Summer sampler this week which includes everyone from Austra to PS I Love You, they also throw in some Elliot Brood for good measure…enjoy  

    Broken Social Scene released a video this week for their single “Sweetest Kill”; it was banned by MuchMusic and embraced by everyone else. I watched and wondered what the big deal was, some woman chopping up some guy’s rubber arm...I’ve seen worse on Freaky Eaters

      Next week is the annual NXNE Festival and conference in Toronto, everyone should get out and see at least one band, my personal viewing choice for the week is at Yonge-Dundas Square on Thursday, it’s Free and bands include The Descendents, Fucked Up, METZ, OFF! and Rusty…can’t wait to see OFF!..........(I’m still holding my breath for a Press Pass)

Joe Cornelisse-SSGS

No comments:

Post a Comment