Wednesday, September 21, 2011

R.E.M. Calls it a Day


     I Just finished reading the news on R.E.M.’s official website that after more than 30 years together as a band they have decided to call it a Day. 

Here is the post from their website

"To our Fans and Friends: As R.E.M., and as lifelong friends and co-conspirators, we have decided to call it a day as a band. We walk away with a great sense of gratitude, of finality, and of astonishment at all we have accomplished. To anyone who ever felt touched by our music, our deepest thanks for listening."
R.E.M.

    I have always had a place in my musically bombarded life for R.E.M. . I finally got to see them live a few years ago and Michael , Peter and Mike did not disappoint.

  As I end this short note I will go and spin on my turntable a copy of  Lifes Rich Pageant….

Buy the Sky and Sell the Sky and Bleed the Sky and Tell the Sky…Fall on Me

Joe Cornelisse-SSGS


No comments:

Post a Comment