Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spin Magazine Suspends Publishing, Lays Off 11 Staffers

    I think we all seen this coming, but for a large print publication to take these steps is the writing on the wall for where everything is headed.

 SPIN was recently bought out by Buzzmedia

A statement from Buzzmedia reads as follows:

    “Buzzmedia and Spin are committed to moving forward with print, but we are still determining exactly how print fits in with Spin’s multiple distribution points and growth initiatives.”



   It's kind of sad because SPIN magazine was the magazine I read when I was growing up to get all of my music news and knowledge from. I read Rolling Stone but for a 15 year old kid from Canada Rolling Stone always seems a little too "American" for me, but SPIN was about the music, but as Bob Dylan wrote 'The Times They Are a-Changin'.

Below is a link courtesy of the International Business Times with all of the info regarding the story.


Spin Magazine Suspends Publishing, Lays Off 11 Staffers - International Business Times

Joe Cornelisse-SSGS

No comments:

Post a Comment