Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mariposa Folk Festival 2011…And So It Begins


The Stage going up
        With only 1 day left till the beginning of the 2011 edition of The Mariposa Folk Festival I thought I would grab a coffee and take a trip out to the Festival site this morning. With the cool breeze coming off the lake it immediately took me to my Mariposa Place (I know that sounds kind of weird but its true). As I was walking the site and taking a few pics I ran into a fellow Mariposa enthusiast named Dave. We had a nice talk about the Festival and the site at tudhope Park and what the Festival means to the city, I got the sense this is more than just a music Festival to many, just like the site is more than just a Festival site to us.

   Below are some pictures I took this morning

This year’s Mariposa Folk Festival takes place July 8-10, Orillia, Ontario. This year’s line-up includes Emmylou Harris, Josh Ritter and the Royal City Band, Peter Yarrow, Lunch at Allen’s, John McDermott, Ron Hynes, Garnet Rogers, Adonis Puentes and many more on eleven stages throughout the beautiful Tudhope Park on the shores of Lake Couchiching.

There will be Audience camping available at nearby Burl’s Creek Family Event Park

http://www.mariposafolk.com/

All ticket categories are now on sale at www.mariposafolk.com

Kids 12 and under are admitted free. There is discounted pricing for youth and young adults.


Joe Cornelisse-SSGS


Our Mariposa spot
 
Pub Tent
Empty tents waiting to be filled

Entrance
Bike Racks

Can't have a festival without Porta Potties



No comments:

Post a Comment