Thursday, January 3, 2013

CFNY: 30 Years Ago



     This New Year's Eve was turning out to be the usual for me, the usual being staying in, rockin' the M&M's Oriental Party Pack and watching the ball drop online....but there was more this year.

   A week before or so I had been poking around this great website called 'The CFNY Spirit Of Radio Fan Page'; they have everything you want to know about the heyday of Toronto's CFNY (when it was the Spirit of Radio). I got looking at the old year-end chart lists, some of them very good; in 1984 the Psychedelic Furs - Mirror Moves record was #1 …and some really bad, the years '89 & '90 saw both New Kids on the Block and Vanilla Ice make appearances on the charts. So I thought it would be fun to pick a list and post videos to go along with all of the artists. I decided on the 1982 list "CFNY's The Best Damn Music of '82"...a list of the top 82 records from 1982 that was tabulated from votes cast by CFNY listeners. It turned out to be more work than I had expected but I love doing things like this and I have gotten some really positive feedback for it. 

So here's the link to the complete list on YouTube and here is the actual list so you can follow along (just click on the pic so you can read it)

Look for the 1983 YouTube Chart List coming soon.

Joe Cornelisse-SMM





No comments:

Post a Comment