Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January the 2nd 2013…what happened to the 1st?



So my only resolution that I thought I'd attempt this coming year was to post something on the SMM Blog everyday…well as you can see today is the 2nd and there was nothing posted yesterday, I hope this is no indication of what's ahead.

   In the land where Sonic More Music was conceived and born we have snow, last night we got some more; so it got me thinking as I was driving along trying not to slide into the guy in front of about music videos that reminded me of winter. I know there's plenty of Christmas inspired videos but I'm talking of vids with snow in them that while you're watching them they make you feel cold; they bring back memories of skating on outdoor rinks and losing your boot in the deep snow. Here are two videos that too me remind me of winter in Canada.

The first video is Tom Sawyer by Rush. It was shot at Le Studio in the town of Morin Heights, Quebec. I remember watching this on Much Music in the middle of July and being transported back to the middle of winter with the shots of the playing in front of the huge windows of snow.


Rush-Tom Sawyer



The second video is the cover of "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" by the Barenaked Ladies. The dusting of snow on the pavement, the cold breath coming from Steven Page as he sings in the back of the pickup truck driving around Agincourt, Dave Bidini and crew yelling Car!!!...it's just got that cold January feel to it.


Barenaked Ladies - Lovers In A Dangerous Time


Joe Cornelisse-SMM

No comments:

Post a Comment