Thursday, May 26, 2011

What's On My Turntable? New Order's "Low-Life"


         So What’s On My Turntable Today? Today it’s Low-Life by New Order. You have probably started to see a trend growing, quite a lot of the vinyl that I play is from the older part of my collection, it’s music from when I was a teenager…I have no clue why, it’s just what I tend to navigate towards….and really it’s not a bad thing.

         Low-Life was released in 1985 and among the New Order community it is considered to be their strongest record. Out of the 8 songs on the record there is not one weak track, they all have their strengths in different areas. In listening to Low-Life you can really hear that attention to detail that they prided themselves on, you don’t hear records like this anymore.

       With the release of Low-Life we found the members of New Order finally moving out from the shadow of Joy Division and finding their own identity.

        Most people would pick “The Perfect Kiss” as their favorite track on Low-Life, but I would have to go with “Sub-culture” …it’s just got that dance element to it without going beyond the range…and Peter’s Bass , well you just can’t even touch that.







Joe Cornelisse-SSGS

No comments:

Post a Comment