Monday, March 7, 2011

The Devolution of Television or did I just eat too many of those Red Things last night


    I love TV, that’s no secret to anyone who knows me. I watch pretty much anything and everything that they throw at me, hours of Seinfeld and Simpsons reruns have done something to me but I just can’t remember what
Unfortunately today I think I witnessed the worst thing that has ever graced my small screen, worse than Jersey Shore, worse than 28 Kids and Counting (I’ve lost count) ...it’s the Swiss Chalet 24-hour chicken channel, I’m not making this stuff up, you can watch two rows of chickens roasting in an oven 24 hours a day.
I’m not stupid, I know this is a marketing gimmick and it’s all for Swiss Chalet to drum up some new business (and I’d be the 1st one to say that their sauce is to die for) but.....I just don’t know what’s left for TV.
I come from the generation with 20 channels, where the new TV season started in September not four times a year, where if you fell asleep in front of the TV the channels actually went off the air for the day (Remember when they would play the national anthem and show really old video footage to go with it).
Let’s just all step back for a minute...get a grip and come to some kind of understanding where the world would be a much better place without 24 Hour Chicken Channels, or at least offer a two for one deal for having to put up with it

No comments:

Post a Comment