Thursday, February 7, 2013

Desert Island Songs – Nick Heyward "Whistle Down The Wind"


    A new feature I'm going to be trying out here on SMM is called 'Desert Island Songs'. I routinely come across songs that I dig so much that if I only had that song (plus a few others) to listen to for the rest of my life that would be ok with me, so bookmark the Blog and check back from time to time to see (and hear) what will make my list.

    My first song is from former Haircut One Hundred frontman Nick Heyward and the song is called "Whistle down the Wind".
It's taken from his first solo record 1983's 'North of a Miracle'.
The album as a whole is brilliant and "Whistle down the Wind"
just takes my breath away everytime I hear it, his voice is timeless, it's up there in my top 20 all-time favorite songs…and if Nick ever happens to read this all I have to say is Thank You.



Joe Cornelisse-SMM

No comments:

Post a Comment