Thursday, February 7, 2013

Elton John and Queens Of The Stone Age ? Why Not

   What's going on? Has the music industry always been like this or is it just getting weirder as the years go on (or maybe it's just me), anyways here is today's "different" music news.

   So Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters..you know the guy) is filling in for Chelsea Handler this week on the late-night talk show Chelsea Lately. Last night he had on as a guest Sir Elton John ("Rocket Man", "The Bitch Is Back","I'm Still Standing"...yeah him) , so during the conversation Grohl says "Recently, Elton and I recorded something together. Something that people wouldn't imagine the two of us doing together," , then Elton adds "I was in Vegas and I flew back to LA and Engelbert Humperdinck had written me a very sweet letter and asked me to sing a duet with him. He is part of my history and I couldn't say no so I went and recorded a song with him. Then I drove three blocks and went from Engelbert to Queens Of The Stone Age, which was a bit of a mindfuck."

 With Trent Reznor also rumored to be guesting on the record this should be quite the listen.



Joe Cornelisse-SMM

No comments:

Post a Comment