Sunday, February 10, 2013

The 2013 Grammy Awards....why?



     So tonight's the 55th annual Grammy Awards, honestly I haven't sat down and watched a complete broadcast of it in probably 20 years or so. I think like most people if I hear the next day something vaguely interesting happened I'll Google it and watch it but that's as far as I'll go (Like tomorrow I'll check to make sure them mentioned MCA ). 
     I see the whole thing as just an occasion for the wealthy who run the music industry to stroke their egos and parade in front of us what they consider the newest & "greatest" pop/rock/country sensations, and remember in 'Grammy land' the line is always a bit blurry when describing those 3 genres of music.

  So instead of wasting your time talking about who will be on tonight's show I thought I'd look back at some of the most unforgettable (and infamous) performances back when I bothered to watch.

Herbie Hancock – Rock It @ the 1983 Grammy's….It's Rock It Live, just so very cool.



Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams @ the 1984 Grammy's….Just knowing that the American public were sitting in their homes going WTF? Made this a classic moment.


Beastie Boys presenting @ The 1987 Grammy's….Young, Snotty and at the beginning of a very long crazy ride.




Sinead O'Connor - Mandinka @ the 1989 Grammy's….21 and out there all by herself, at the start she looked almost scared and by the end she had this glow of conquest on her face.



Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know it's True @ the 1990 Grammy's…watch Ozzy Osbourne’s face, it makes up for the whole thing.



Bob Dylan & Soy Bomb @ the 1998 Grammy's ....It's SOY BOMB!!!!


Radiohead - 15 Step @ the 2009 Grammy's. To be blunt I have become bored with Radiohead over the last few years, maybe I'm getting old but it all just sounds the same but their performance at the 2009 Grammy's was spectacular, they really pulled it off.









Joe Cornelisse-SMM

No comments:

Post a Comment