Sunday, February 10, 2013

Desert Island Songs – Inspiral Carpets "Two Worlds Collide"



     It was '92 and Inspiral Carpets had just released their third album Revenge of the Goldfish. I had not heard much of their earlier stuff so on the off chance it would work out I picked the album up , this was in the days before you could sample an entire album before buying; we took a lot of chances. The album was worth the risk, it ended up being one of those discs that I could play from front to back and not have to skip over anything...a sign of a great record. But the one stand out track was "Two Worlds Collide", it was '92 I was kind of lost and for some reason this song spoke to me (I know how that sounds but its true). To this day I can listen to the song over and over and not get sick of it, the sign of a true Desert Island song. 
    I eventually got to see them live at the Concert Hall in Toronto on the 19th of Feb 1993; it was just crazy hot in there that night, people stage diving off the balcony and everyone was just in sync, but when the opening notes of "Two Worlds Collide" were played I went to a whole 'nother level.


Joe Cornelisse-SMM

No comments:

Post a Comment